Wednesday 4 July 2012

Day #2: The newbie feels new =p

The breakfast served was kind of weird, in a way, for me. It was all cakes and fruits. Thank God they had croissants and scrambled eggs. At least I find that a 'normal breakfast'. =) owh and they had this sausage that was extremely tasty and juicy. Maybe that's chorizo. So, one down and a few more to go. Hope we get to taste the paella!

 Today's speakers were good - especially Mr. Houston. He was so enthusiastic that he made us feel enthusiastic as well. I don't know how he did it, but he got a standing ovation from everyone in the hall. Basically, we had a rough briefing on what we are supposed to do for the week using the Design Thinking Methodology. We started off with EMPATHY. We were separated into groups and the names of the groups are all based on an important figure in Spain. My group adopted the name of Queen Isabel of Spain. Today, most of us witnessed a wonderful and unique sight of the sky. The sun was surrounded by a circle. Imagine a simple theory like refraction could do such amazing thing. Everyone was lying under the sun, absorbing the breath of nature and to feel its presence. It wasn't a weird thing for my eyes anymore, to see people appreciating the sun (because most Malaysians hate the sun as it's always hot and humid) because I did the same thing when I was in France.

 After dinner, most of us walked into town. One of my friend wore heels and I didn't know how to help and, at the same time, I felt bad for her. Heels? On roads made of stones? I tried walking on that with a pair of boots and my feet hurt like crazy! Anyway, the town amazes me in many ways. At first I thought it was like the petit rues in Paris but the buildings in Segovia town (or in Spain) felt different when I touched it. It was after I touched it that it seemed different. I wonder about the history that lives in that building. That question changes me and my outlook of Spain and its buildings. By the end of the day, we were all walking zombies. Half dead, half alive. But the sight of Segovia's town changes it all and everything seems worth it. =)


EMPATHY session


View from Segovia town


Aquaduct 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Olivia, We have been checking out your blog and we must say that we are very impressed. It's really great.

    We have particularly been following your posts about Segovia as we visited there too. We have even written a guide, which you can check out here: http://hitchhikershandbook.com/country-guides/spain-2/segovia/ We would love your feedback and any tips, information, advice that you might have would be warmly appreciated.

    Keep up the good work!

    Ania & Jon

    ReplyDelete