Wednesday 4 July 2012

Day #3 : Empathy, Excitment and Exhausted!

I woke up early today. As a reward for that, I managed to enjoy the nature and inhale the green fresh air outside, in the corridor. The view of the greenery and the calmness of the swimming pool really gave me peace. I wanted to update my blog but the Internet connection in the room is horrible. But well, at least I didn't have to line up to get my breakfast. =)

 Today we had two inspiring speakers who shared their wonderful experience in their journey to help save the world. I was really, really inspired by them. The words and sentences that they threw out made me reflect on my naiveness about the world and how much I actually spend time thinking about this problem. Yes, we learn about the world and ways to save it. Some even were forced by teachers/ parents to do something, but have we actually done something? These people on the stage actually had done something. And it's really BIG! Who would actually sacrifice a quarter of their life trying to change the world? Even I would have to think twice about that.


Some refreshers in between the conference!

 Not long after that, we went back to our groups. We finished off our EMPATHY issues by interviewing the speakers who had those great experiences with them, and the other half of us explored the information on the Internet. After completing our respective tasks, we sat down and discussed the main importance, efforts, and what we thought was important. Each step we made brought us closer to the solution as we took only the important thoughts and facts which we gathered. 

 Everyone felt excited to go to the swimming pool. When we got there, people started swimming and sunbathing in their swimsuits. The capoeira and Bollywood sessions brought everyone together. After the sessions, people start forming a large circle and started dancing with the beat. As for me, I managed to play volleyball with a plastic ball for a while. Yay! =)

Capoeira 

No comments:

Post a Comment